Commercial Rainwater Harvesting Systems
Rainwater Harvesting on a commercial scale makes a great deal of financial sense. The large collection areas and high water usage requirements for buildings of a commercial nature, make them ideally suited to reap the long term benefits of harvesting rainwater.
What do we class as a commercial building? Colleges, Schools, Theatres, Airport Terminals, Office blocks, libraries,......The list is endless.
Here at ecoserve, we have spent a great deal of time developing our commercial systems. All of our commercial systems use inverter drive technologies, which will only apply the amount of power to the pump necessary to meet demand (think of it like a scalectrix controller, squeezing the trigger harder to make the car go faster). The two main benefits being extended pump service life and up to 60% reduction in power consumption over fixed speed controllers.
To show how confident we are in our product, we offer a 3 year warranty against defective parts, on all of our commercial systems...yes, 3 years! While the industry standard is just 1 year for commercial grade systems. The only qualifying criteria for this is that the system is commissioned and serviced by ecoserve.
Controls for Commercial Rainwater Harvesting systems are generally bespoke; designed and sized to reflect the demands of the building in which they are installed. There are however three specific types of Rainwater Harvesting system.
- Direct: Where the Rainwater is collected from the roof area, filtered, stored in a large tank and then pumped directly to the point of use under pressure.
- Indirect: Rainwater is collected as with the direct system, but the Rainwater is pumped to a storage tank mounted at height (usually a roof space), from where it feeds by gravity to the point of use.
- Combi-booster: As with the indirect system, but with the storage tank mounted at a lower level and then pumped on to the point of use.
- From 1800 litres up to 10,000 litres, our underground storage tanks are made from polyethylene. All are shallow dig, with only the footprint increasing with size.
- from 10,000 litres, up to 100,000 litres our underground storage tanks are manufactured in GRP and sized specifically for each installation.
- Above ground our polyethylene storage tanks can be as large as 20,000 litres and then linked to form batteries of multiple tanks totalling hundreds of thousands of litres.
- Large above ground tanks manufactured from GRP can also be supplied as sectional tanks, which are built on-site to a prefabricated design. This type of tank is ideally suited to internal installations such as basements or plant rooms.